Self Portrait


Final Product!

     I'm proud of the work I did on this self-portrait, as it took MUCH longer than I was anticipating since I wanted it to be as detailed as possible. Throughout the entire thing I only used two tools: the Pen tool and the Curvature tool. I based the image on this picture:

    The photo was taken by a friend of mine during a photoshoot in early January. I think the most challenging aspect of it was drawing to the shading rather than to the actual shape/outline of me and my clothing. This part was especially pronounced due to the professional environment in which it was taken.

Comments

  1. Wow, your final product is so well done. I think you captured yourself so well. I really like how you included the different shades in the final product, also your attention to the little details like the fold in your shirt, and the strands of hair made it more realistic. One question I have is, is this also your propaganda poster because there are no words :( but other than that I think you did a great job, keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not!! Check the most recent post, I just updated that with my propaganda poster!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the colors! Using colors in place of standard shadows and highlights is one of my favorite things, and I think you did this very well. the folds in the clothes are done nicely as well!

    I think with the folds, what if you also added some shadows similar to how you added the highlights? that way it would make them really pop! It also be cool if you did some sort of background to give the portrait a bit more life so it isn't as stationary.

    Overall, I think you did an awesome job on this and I dig the style! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with how your self-portrait came out!! I love how you used different colors in places of shadows and highlights. It makes me want to recreate my self-portrait and to try and do something similar. The only thing I have to say about this other than a GREAT job is that I would have added something in the background to make it pop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts